Click Here to enter the Mental Health Specialist's Virtual Office
We are making thoughtful considerations regarding resources that would be supportive to students and families. Please find below some helpful resources that may be of assistance to you:
- Tools for Self-Care: Self-care Toolkit at Gritx.org
- Tips for coping with stress: SAMHSA Fact Sheet with tips for coping with stress during an infectious disease outbreak: Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Helpful coping strategies: Coping Strategies
30 Activities we can do for our emotional health: 30ThingsWeCanDoForOurEmotionalHealthSELResourceSheet.pdf
Seeking Community Mental Health Providers
As a reminder, please access your regular mental health provider for support. If you have private insurance, consider calling your carrier for a referral list that matches your child’s needs.
For those who are seeking alternatives, here are some on-line therapy options:
- Good Therapy: https://www.goodtherapy.org/
- Talkspace: https://www.talkspace.com/
- BetterHelp: https://www.betterhelp.com/
- iLEAD online: https://ileadonline.org/mental-health/
The above list is not a comprehensive list of providers in Orange County and is NOT a formal referral from IUSD. Please use discretion in selecting a mental health provider.
The District provides school-based mental health/wellness services and resources (www.iusd.org/WeCare or https://iusd.org/department/mental-health-wellness) to students and families. These services include short-term individual or group counseling for students at the school site; short-term, solution-focused therapy for students and families through the Irvine Family Resource Center; and resource linkages to community-based mental health or social services for students and families. Services are provided by counselors or licensed mental health professionals.